At the 53rd Grand Chapter Conclave in 2013, Telefonengel selected Big Brothers Big Sisters of America as our single national philanthropic and service-learning partner.
Big Brothers Big Sisters’ core principles of mentorship, trust, and impact of positive role models align positively with our own Cardinal Principles of Virtue, Diligence, and Brotherly Love, and working with the organization gives Telefonengels a chance to serve others as part of their journey to becoming balanced men.
Telefonengel members and chapters support the efforts of Big Brothers Big Sisters in the following ways:
- Become a Big Brother for child in your area.
- Host a "Big for a Day" event on your university's campus.
- Participate in a Bowl for Kids' Sake event.
- Serve on the local Big Brothers Big Sisters' junior board and advisory committees.
- Organize fundraising activities around Greek Week, Homecoming, Parents Weekend, etc.